Monday, October 22, 2012

Outfit #37: Live Every day like it's Shark Week








Shark tanktop c/o TeeTwice // Silver Maxi Skirt c/o Nordstrom Rack // Shoes: Forever 21 // Purse: Just Fabulous // Finger Armor: eBay // Belt: eBay // Sunglasses: ASOS // Leather Jacket: Forever21

Happy Monday, unicorns! This skirt has an amusing story behind it. A long number of months ago, Nordstrom Rack was opening a new location here in Seattle and reached out to me, asking if I wanted to come to their press and professionals opening. But of course! So I toddled off to it - they handed me a goodie bag with a 50 dollar gift card, lotion, primer... there was free food and booze being walked around by gorgeous men, and I managed to get myself quite tipsy. So while I was eyeing this delicious pair of turquoise Betsey Johnson pumps, I opted out of spending my gift card just then, as drunk Molly does not always make good shopping decisions (see: the druid head-dress I spent 50 dollars on at a renn faire when wasted on cider).

So I held on to that card for AGES - until a few weeks ago I went on a whim and scooped up this glorious skirt (and urban decay eyeshadow primer!) So this skirt has been a LONG TIME COMING. Beautiful flowy bitch.

Also, just received these sunglasses from ASOS and I am in love. Hnngg. With such a wide face, I have a hard time finding sunglasses that look awesome on me, but these ones are blowing my mind. AWESOME.

I have an anime convention (Aki-con) this coming weekend and I am not even a little bit prepared. I think I'm going to throw together a cosplay of Julia from Cowboy Bebop, using my Black Widow body suit. I just need to figure out how to make her weird thong belt thing...

ALSO OMG MY REAL HAIR. I'm NOT WEARING A WIG WHAT IS GOING ON.

Oh, and I'm on break.com today! With a photo that made the front page of Reddit ages ago! Things never die on the internet.


26 comments:

  1. I LOVE this outfit! especially the ring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it incredible? It makes me feel like a character from Game of Thrones or something.

      Delete
  2. I love the shirt <3

    xxx

    eve
    http://sundaydresses.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt, the ring, the bag and the jacket and I love your blog :) xx

    minelakahrimanovic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love that bag! It's a gorgeous color!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with hot pink! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. your ring totally reminds me of the one that nana wears in the manga nana. have you read it? i figure you may have since you know paradise kiss. it's awesome. and i love that skirt on you. and so jealous of your up coming convention

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I LOVE NANA. It's probably one of my favorite manga.

      Delete
  6. I really dig your style. Plus, I am in awe of your amazing photos. That one where you "flourish" your skirt!? I die.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog; it's a pleasure to meet you!

    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, too!

      Usually my super awesome boyfriend takes my photos (with my delicious Canon 5D Mark II), but these ones were taken by my little brother since the boy was off hitting people with fake swords at the time. I call the "skirt flourish" a "floof"!

      Delete
  7. I totally agree with the title of this post! Loving this look! xO
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this jacket!

    BTW... thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I cannot believe you haven't worn a pair of pants in over four years! Wow! A girl after my own heart! Hope you will stop by again soon?

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am obsessed with the bag, the shape, color and cross body too! Great look, and photos! I am your newest follower!

    XO http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello newest follower!

      I, too, am obsessed with that bag. I got it mega on sale (only 20 bucks!) and checked my mail obsessively until it arrived to my awaiting embrace.

      Delete
  10. wooow love the shark t!!!

    xx
    http://worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the title of this post and the ring!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shark shirt adds a quirky and fun touch! I love it =)
    P.S.
    Please check out my blog when you get the chance and let me know if you follow me so I can follow you right back! Thank you.
    TheRosettePortrait

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shut up you look welllll cool. Hate you. Love your real hair. Love that shirt. Love the skirt. Just stop. <3x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that jacket! looks great! the purse compliments the other darker tones with a nice splash of color!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just now discovering your blog and I love it! This outfit is gorgeous! #sharkweekforever
    ♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool jacket and adorable bag!!

    xo
    www.jiglycious.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Molly, you are just so funny. I love your beautiful flowy bitch hahaha, super versatile piece plus good transitional item too I guess. What I love most is your pink bag, how cute is that baby? I need exactly this one in my collection. When did you get it Molly?

    And thank you soooooooooooo much for your super sweet comment on my blog yestereday, that truly made my day :-). You are super gorgeous and you have an unique sense of style, so much different of mine but I love it and that why you have a new follower from Germany now ON gfc and Bloglovin- just making sure I keep up posted with your latest posts ;-)

    Ani
    www.fleurani.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...